Do you want to know how to help a family member, friend, colleague or yourself? Then please attend this valuable workshop that will teach you the basic principles of suicide prevention. We can all make a difference in someone's life and you can be that person.
safeTALK is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone 15 or older, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don't truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive.
Learning Goals and Objectives:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss and avoid suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help.
Usual cost of workshop is $95 per person, but we have it subsidized and now the cost is $20 per person. It needs to be paid before start of workshop by 20 June. Please enter your name next to payment and state that it is for safeTALK. Our bank account number is 03-0905-0601847-000
Places are limited.
This workshop is made possible and subsidized by Otago Community Trust