This is a group for people bereaved by suicide. It is taken by trained facilitators and supported by the Life Matters Suicide Prevention Trust. The meetings take place every first Tuesday of the month (except for January) at 5.30pm to 7pm in the Alexander MacMillan room, Dunedin Community House in Dunedin. It is a friendly coffee group atmosphere.
If you would like to join the group, please contact us.
Online Bereavement Group
If you would like to join our online Life Matters Suicide Bereavement Support which provides peer support, please contact us via our Facebook page.
Group Protocols as decided by participants
- Non-parallel conversations
- Not interrupting when others are talking
- Non- judgemental
- Not talking into others
- For everyone’s time
- Don’t push others
- Avoid giving advice
- Avoid being aggressive with others
- What is said in here stays in here
- Cups of tea/coffee available all the time
- To feel comfortable
- Be supportive
- Just allow to be
- Need to have a personal experience to share
Phones on mute