Do you want to know how to help a family member, friend, colleague or yourself? Then please attend this valuable workshop that will teach you the basic principles of suicide prevention. We can all make a difference in someone's life and you can be that person.
safeTALK is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone 15 or older, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don't truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive.
Learning Goals and Objectives:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss and avoid suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help.
Life Matters Suicide Prevention Trust brings to Bluff two workshops,
Saturday 18 May 2018 at 4pm -7pm
Sunday 19 May 2018 at 10am- 1pm
Cost: $20pp to be paid to Vic Pearsey upon registration prior to the event to secure your place.
email [email protected]